Browse through our Collection of Internet Directories by Country A)? GHT="50">
Compact version
Today's Suggestion
Read The "Macedonian Question" (by Maria Nystazopoulou-Pelekidou)
HomeAbout HR-NetNewsWeb SitesDocumentsOnline HelpUsage InformationContact us
Friday, 27 November 2020
 
News
  Latest News (All)
     From Greece
     From Cyprus
     From Europe
     From Balkans
     From Turkey
     From USA
  Announcements
  World Press
  News Archives
Web Sites
  Hosted
  Mirrored
  Interesting Nodes
Documents
  Special Topics
  Treaties, Conventions
  Constitutions
  U.S. Agencies
  Cyprus Problem
  Other
Services
  Personal NewsPaper
  Greek Fonts
  Tools
  F.A.Q.
 

Kosova Daily Report #1572, 98-10-04

Kosovo Information Center: Kosova Daily Report Directory - Previous Article - Next Article

From: Kosova Information Center <http://www.kosova.com/>

Kosova Information Center
KOSOVA DAILY REPORT #1572
Prishtina, 4 October 1998


CONTENTS

  • [01] No Sign of Serb Forces Withdrawing from Kosova to Serbia
  • [02] Remains in Volljak& May Well Belong to Albanian Victims, Local Sources Say
  • [03] Serb Forces' Buildup Continues, Ten Villages of Suhareka Still Inaccessible to Albanians
  • [04] Two Bodies Were Still Burning in Vraniq Yesterday
  • [05] Two Other Bodies Found Near Site Where Dozen Albanians Were Executed by Serbs

  • [01] No Sign of Serb Forces Withdrawing from Kosova to Serbia

    Tensions run high as Serb forces buildup continues in Podujeva area PRISHTINA, Oct 4 (KIC) - The situation in the northern municipality of Podujeva is still highly volatile. Most of the Albanians displaced from their villages in the wake of Serb attacks last month have not yet returned to their homes. They fear Serb forces may resume their attacks.

    The villages of Llapashtic& e Ul&t and Lapashtic& e Ep&rme, in whose vicinity heavy Serb military troops have been deployed for quite some time, are deserted. More than Serb 40 tanks and other pieces of equipment stay there.

    LDK sources in Podujeva said Serb police stations in Orllan, Lluzhan and K&rpimeh have been reinforced, adding that the Serb police checkpoint in the suburbs of the town of Podujeva, near the former Besiana motel, has been further strengthened.

    There has been no sign of Serb forces withdrawing from Kosova in the direction of Serbia.

    Most of the Serb troops and hardware arrived in Kosova via the highway passing across Podujeva, a town 30 km north of capital Prishtina.

    Serb troops have not been withdrawing, but rather regrouping inside Kosova, namely those parts of Kosova which have not yet been destroyed in the seven- month military offensive, observers say.

    [02] Remains in Volljak& May Well Belong to Albanian Victims, Local Sources Say

    Serbs launch yet another PR campaign to appease the wrath of the world, head off international intervention PRISHTINA, Oct 4 (KIC) - LDK sources in Sverk& e Gashit village of Klina, which is in the vicinity of the abandoned Volljak& boxite mine, said they have indications that the corpses which according to the Serb government propaganda have been found dug in this mine, are the remains of Albanians killed by Serb forces in Grabanic& village.

    On 18 May Grabanic& Arben Krasniqi, his neighbour, Xhezair, and two other still unidentified Albanians had been killed and buried at Grabanic&, near Drini i Bardh& river. Later, Serb forces had them dug up and reburied in the Volljak& mine, LDK sources quoting eyewitness accounts.

    A number of residents of Volljak& said two nights ago Serb soldiers had asked in the village for bags, strings and other stuff.

    It is believed that the Serb regime has launched this public relations drive to try to placed the blame on Kosova Albanians, and bring down the wrath of international factors caused by massacres of Albanians committed by Serb forces in Drenica and elsewhere.

    In late summer, Serb authorities launched two similar PR campaigns after Serb troops captured Kle^ka and Gllogjan, two bases of the U^K (Kosova Liberation Army). Albanian resistance forces had cremated Serbs in Kle^ka, and there was a massive grave of Serbs in Gllogjan, the Serb propaganda machinery alleged.

    The Serb authorities and experts have not yet been able to produce the name of a single Serb, let alone a child, burned in Kle^ka. The identification of the remains in Gllogjan indicated that many of them belonged to killed Albanians.

    [03] Serb Forces' Buildup Continues, Ten Villages of Suhareka Still Inaccessible to Albanians

    Serb forces stationed in Re^an village of Suhareka yesterday PRISHTINA, Oct 4 (KIC) - A considerable territory of the municipality of Suhareka is still under a virtual siege by Serb forces. Yesterday, Serb forces were stationed in the village of Re^an.

    Albanian political and humanitarian structures have not yet been able to have access to the villages of Krushic& e Ep&rme, Krushic& e Ul&t, Muhlan, Stravu^in&, V&rshec, Grej^evc, Qadrak, Papaz, Budakov& and Mati^ev& as Serb forces continue their presence there, local sources said.

    [04] Two Bodies Were Still Burning in Vraniq Yesterday

    PRISHTINA, Oct 4 (KIC) - The bodies of a man and a woman were still burning yesterday (Saturday) in the house of Ramadan Ra^i at Vraniq, the LDK Information Commission in Suhareka said.

    A delegation of local Albanian structures toured yesterday the villages of Vraniq and Bukosh, which have been devastated by Serb attacks.

    Eye-witnesses said Serb police had slaughtered a man and a woman at another location. The mutilated bodies were then taken into the houses of Mr. Ra^i and set afire. The slain and burned persons are suspected to be Ymri Palushi and Zelfije Palushi, LDK sources said.

    Serb police arrested at least 80 Albanians at Vraniq.

    Serb forces have burned 250 farmhouses at Vraniq, whereas only 7 houses have remained intact in the other village, Bukosh.

    Reports from Suhareka said there was gunfire shooting overnight in the small town. The sound of high-caliber guns could be heard, sources said.

    [05] Two Other Bodies Found Near Site Where Dozen Albanians Were Executed by Serbs

    Serb forces launched mortar attack on Dragobil village yesterday PRISHTINA, Oct 4 (KIC) - The mutilated bodies of two Albanians were found Saturday afternoon in a forest near Gollubovc village of Malisheva.

    The LDK chapter in Malisheva said local villagers and activists identified the two Albanians as Syl& Balaj (35) and Milazim Balaj (29), both of them residents of Gllareva village of Klina. Their bodies were badly mutilated, the source said.

    At least 12 Albanians were massacred by Serb troops in Gollubovc and the neighboring village of Pllo^ica about ten days ago.

    Witnesses claimed Serb forces had cracked down on a cluster of displaced persons, separated menfolks from their families and executes some of them near the village.

    Meanwhile, Serb forces launched a mortar attack in the direction of Dragobil village of Malisheva Saturday noon, sources said. The sound of gunfire could be heard in Malisheva too, they added. There was no word on casualties, though.

    Kosova Information Center

    Kosovo Information Center: Kosova Daily Report Directory - Previous Article - Next Article
    Back to Top
    Copyright © 1995-2016 HR-Net (Hellenic Resources Network). An HRI Project.
    All Rights Reserved.

    HTML by the HR-Net Group / Hellenic Resources Institute, Inc.
    ksv2html v1.02 run on Sunday, 4 October 1998 - 12:19:03 UTC